Thursday 26 February 2009

Almost won £70

I should start off by saying why I haven't posted in a few days, I've been really busy, sorry.

Anyway I almost won £70 on Monday. I was so gutted.

I was at the pub quiz-which I go to every Monday-and after the quiz there is this thing called a snowball. If some of you haven't played this before I'll explain.
  • The Snowball is a game where everyone buys a guess or guesses for 50p each.
  • Then a very hard question is asked.
  • You then try to work out the answer and give in your guess-written on your guess slip/s.
  • Then if there's a winner they take all the money, if not it rolls over to the next week.
So the question this week was.
"According to the Collins Dictionary when was the word 'Jazz' first put in the dictionary."
Now like everyone else in the room I had no idea. So I thought logically.
When was jazz invented and how long would it take for the word to be recognised.
I decided on 1923 but I had bought 2 guesses. So time for another guess.
I thought i'd go a little lower just in case. So I wrote 1908.
I gave in my answer and then the judge looked through them and put one aside.
Everyone thought someone had won and I was like "Please let it be 1923."
So there was a drum roll on the bar and the answer was read out...

It was 1909. Gutted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment:)